Educators act ethically and maintain the integrity, credibility and reputation of the profession.

I have demonstrated this standard by being careful of how I present myself to the public. I have behaved professionally inside and outside of class. I have been careful to maintain the privacy of my students personal information. In professional settings, I have been careful not to name students or other teachers when reflecting on situations or asking for the guidance of other teachers. In my marking, I followed rubrics to mark students ethically. I took breaks to make sure that I was marking students fairly, and I often checked myself and compared the marks of other students’ work to make sure that I was not marking in a biased fashion against any students. I created work and projects that would appeal to as many students as possible during my second practicum because I had noticed that there were an excess of students within this difficult class who did not enjoy traditional English curriculum. By splitting up the day between formal lessons and project work in the second portion of the day, I was able to create an entry point for every single student, so no one was left behind.

In my last practicum, I have demonstrated this by refraining from engaging in negative conversations with regards to colleagues. I have remained professional and always acted in the best interests of my students. When I had to take some sick days, I made sure to provide my coaching teacher with the required lesson plans and materials for printing in a timely manner.